Friday, February 5, 2021

Starting the Portrait of Joe

Suddenly, that photo of Joe fishing on a lake looks just right for the picture I want to draw.  He looks serious, competent, thoughtful, not the man of mischief I thought I wanted to portray.  But I like it.  What did he think about when no one was looking?

It took forever today to get the photo cropped just right, heighten the contrast of light and shadow, size the photo to print out full-page without sacrificing sharpness.  To intensify the colors and then do away with them entirely, choosing black and white instead. 

Now I have to decide on the best paper for the job.  Google, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Forging the Second Self: A memoir in progress.

Forging the Second Self: Post-Teaching, Post-Mothering, Post-Midlife: Who Will I Be Now? Part I.: Who Am I Now? When I see myself a...