Saturday, May 16, 2020

Grrr: Too Much Togetherness

The bathroom sink is scummy; the floors are dirty.  We can’t risk bringing in the woman who’s cleaned for us every month or so for several years.   I don’t know how to keep a home clean and don’t care to learn.  And no one wants to help me anyway.


Also, the wall we’d been planning to add upstairs remains unbuilt.  Our upstairs bedroom therefore doesn’t have a door.  I’m used to having days at home to myself: my husband at work, Max at school.  Now we’re all home 24/7.  At first it was sweet to have my two boys nearby; now I my anger flares easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Forging the Second Self: A memoir in progress.

Forging the Second Self: Post-Teaching, Post-Mothering, Post-Midlife: Who Will I Be Now? Part I.: Who Am I Now? When I see myself a...