Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Depressed in America

The Washington Post reported today that 1/3 of all Americans are experiencing depression and/or anxiety.  I'm right there with them.  I'm weepy and tired.  Too tired to do the "self-care" that is supposed to prevent plunging into despair.

Max refuses to participate in the virtual graduation ceremony that so falls so grievously short of what he needs: to spend time with his beloved friends in person.  He says he hates covid-19 and will not give in to it by accepting second best.  

I tell him he's cutting off his nose to spite his face.  "It's just the way I feel," he answers.

I hate covid too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Forging the Second Self: A memoir in progress.

Forging the Second Self: Post-Teaching, Post-Mothering, Post-Midlife: Who Will I Be Now? Part I.: Who Am I Now? When I see myself a...