Sunday, September 15, 2019

Being Myself, Being Enough


For some reason I'm prone to cloaking myself in confusion about who I am and what I'm meant to be doing.

But today at least, that's a lie. I’m not the least bit uncertain; I know exactly who I am and what I want. I want to work on an extended memoir and complete it. I want to start a web page and blog. I want to serve other trauma survivors and artists and people struggling to own and define their creativity. I want to care for my son and marriage and family and friends and health.

I want to be myself, and it makes me angry that I can’t remember a time when I felt like that was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Forging the Second Self: A memoir in progress.

Forging the Second Self: Post-Teaching, Post-Mothering, Post-Midlife: Who Will I Be Now? Part I.: Who Am I Now? When I see myself a...